This thumb brace provides support for the CMC and MCP joint
Easy to use
Thumb brace made of microfibre polyamide material
Metal support ensures optimal postion retention
Extremely suitable for Quervain
The Pro Orthic Rhizo Basic is made of high-quality, breathable and elastic materials and serves to support the thumb after an accident. The MC joint, CMC joint and the MCP joint are immobilized. The inside of the hand remains free and the gripping function remains intact as much as possible. In addition, an adjustable metal support keeps the thumb in neutral position. The adjustable wristband provides extra support for the wrist.
- For optimal support, you need to remove the aluminum splint from the thumb brace. Bend the splint to the shape of the thumb shaft. Place the splint back in the brace. As a result, the thumb brace provides better support and the splint stays in place correctly.
- Open all Velcro closures and insert the thumb through the designated hole.
- For models with aluminum support, make sure that the supports limit the movements of the wrist and finger.
- Then fasten the Velcro closures sufficiently to create compression. Make sure that the brace is not too tight. Too much compression can cause reduced blood flow.
- To be used in case of thumb sping
- Suitable for irritation to the MC, CMC and MCP joint.
- Worked in the restoration of Morbes de Quervain